It’s almost February– a month full of love– and here at Bright Lights, we love learning!
One of my favorite things about Bright Lights is the unique learning opportunities campers can experience. Each summer we strive to compile a wide variety of camps to ignite excitement and a love for learning as campers explore topics they are passionate about.
We are so excited to bring several new camps to Bright Lights this summer and wanted to give you a sneak peek of a few that we are sure will be loved by many!
- Fashion 101 Day Camp: Bright Lights has partnered with The Bay Skate Park for several years, but we are so excited to share that we are offering a new camp with them. In this camp, campers can learn how to use a sewing machine to transform clothing, how to use photography as a tool to capture designs and how to design their own photo lookbook. As campers work in teams, they will create/sew two up-cycled pieces and photograph their work to create a magazine-style lookbook. We are offering this camp at The Bay Skate Park, for campers in grades 3-5 during Bright Lights Week 1 (June 3-7) and then again for campers in grades 6-8 during Week 5 (July 8-12).
- Young Entrepreneurs: Do you love watching the show Shark Tank? Do you have an idea for your own business venture? If so, you’re not going to want to miss our new camp, Young Entrepreneurs. During the week, campers in grades 4-6 will embark on a thrilling adventure to create and design their own businesses. They will walk through the entire process of planning and presenting their very own Shark Tank pitch as they learn about the world of business and entrepreneurship. Don’t miss out—it’s happening Week 1 (June 3-7)!
- Fitness and Food for Kids: In partnership with the UNL Wellness Staff, Bright Lights is excited to offer a weeklong adventure of cooking skills and fitness classes for campers in grades 3-5. During Bright Lights Week 3 (June 17-21), campers will get the chance to be in the Wellness Kitchen on UNL’s East Campus to explore food flavors, create meals and snacks, and learn new cooking techniques. Each day will also include a fun introduction to different types of fitness classes.
- Jurassic Adventures: Calling all our dinosaur-loving campers! It’s time to dig into discoveries of dinosaurs like the T-Rex, Triceratops and many more! Some activities may include creating your own dinosaurs, exploring different species from millions of years ago, digging for fossils and completing skeleton puzzles! This camp will be for campers in grades 3-5, during Week 4 (June 24-28). It’s bound to be a “rawrsome” time!
- The Olympic Experience: This summer, Paris will host the 43rd annual Summer Olympics! Campers who love sports, crafting and moving their bodies are invited to participate in our very own Bright Lights Olympic Games! Campers in grades 2-3 will have the opportunity to investigate well-known and unusual Olympic sports, learn through crafting and may even get to participate in some Olympic events. You won’t want to miss out on all the Olympic fun during Week 5 (July 8-12).
Whether it’s a new one or a returning favorite, we are sure everyone will find a Bright Lights camp they love. Be sure to visit BrightLights.org to view the complete camp schedule and make a wish list in preparation for registration on March 2. Remember to choose camps based on the grade your student is in currently.
See you this summer!